We’re looking for a framing carpenter with good attendance and a positive attitude that’s willing to grow with our company.
This is a full-time position.
Production is currently running first shift, Monday through Friday 7:00 am – 3:15 pm. Overtime may be available at times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to read and understand blueprints
- Take machined cold-formed metal studs to layout on production floor to the blueprints
- Apply product to build and finish pre-formed walls
- Take machined dry wall panels to assemble, glue and finish product
- Performs production and/or assembly of parts and adheres to all safety policies.
- Maintain the quality of the manufactured product to required specifications utilizing a variety of hand tools
- Must be able to follow work instructions and work independently with limited supervision
- Function as a member of a work team by contributing and initiating quality, safety and productivity ideas
- Communicates appropriately to avoid unplanned downtime including problems, trends, maintenance, etc.
- Must be motivated and able to keep pace in a fast-paced environment
- Performs other necessary duties as directed by management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School degree
- Previous construction experience in metal or stick framing, drywall and plastering is preferred
- Able to safely operate warehouse equipment including pallet jack, forklift, overhead cranes, saws, drills, grinders and hand routers
- Two years of welding experience preferred but not necessary
- Lifts 50 pounds regularly and up to 100 pounds frequently
- Possess a mechanical and technical ability
- Must adhere to the company’s attendance policy
- Must be a team player that is willing to help in other areas as needed