The CAD Designer develops and maintains Building Information Modeling (BIM) work for our customers. Creates production details for interior and exterior facades, theming and millwork pertaining to structural steel, framing, drywall and themed finishes such as fiberglass and architectural metalwork. Will coordinate the areas of work with drawings from the organization’s subcontractors and vendors. Will be expected to produce accurate and complete work within the standards developed by Centerline Prefab.
This is a full-time position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates accurate and complete drawings including specifications for all materials, finishes, dimensions and construction methods.
- Uses various construction materials including framing, drywall, fiberglass, foam and metal as best suited for the work being drawn and built as coordinated.
- Provides information on drawings to direct and assist the field installers with their work.
- Work in a network environment of Revit to produce 2D/3D drawings.
- Performs all drafting work using customers shop drawing and BIM Standards Manual.
- Understands and applies all relevant building codes to work being performed.
- Meets schedule dates as established by the Vice President.
- Coordinates in written and/or verbal forms with the organization’s subcontractors and vendors.
- Meets proficiency standards in all department utilized software.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as requested.
- Learn and implement our specific software.
- Technical drawing degree or equivalent experience specializing in architecture or engineering with an emphasis on details.
- Ideal candidate will have worked in a company that designs and builds themed environments.
- At least one year of experience in AutoCAD and/or Revit Autodesk.
- Ability to work with high degree of accuracy.
- Experienced in reading blueprints.
- Experience with various construction framing and finishes including metal studs, drywall, EIFS, fiberglass and architectural metal preferred.